Thailand has earned a stellar reputation around the world for many reasons, including its mouth-watering cuisine, charming locals and breath-taking beaches. Tourists flock to this magnificent country in their millions each year to take in the sights and experience all that Thailand has to offer. But, there is another group that come with a different purpose in mind – to utilise and enjoy Thailand’s superb medical facilities.
Thailand is home to some of the best healthcare facilities in the world. Read on to discover where you might find them, and why you may wish to check one out for yourself…
What makes Thailand’s healthcare facilities so great?
Thailand’s high quality healthcare is a poorly kept secret for millions of people in countries all around the globe. There are so many reasons why medical tourists make the decision to choose Thailand over all the other options available to them, including their own countries. These include:
- The high standards of both public and private facilities – Thailand moved to universal coverage for all its citizens just over two decades ago, and since then the quality of its medical facilities has soared to attract medical tourism. Now you can visit hundreds of excellent hospitals across the country, many of which are among the highest levels in the world.
- The impressive low cost of healthcare – one of the key reasons why people visit Thailand for their medical needs is because of the cost. You will spend much less, even including flights, accommodation and so on, than if you had gone to many hospitals in the USA and similar countries.
- The value for money – as well as costs being so low, you are also getting a huge amount of value for that price. For the price of a shared room in a western country, for example, you might get your own private luxury suite.
- The cutting edge technology and treatments – Thailand strives, rather successfully, to be a world leader in healthcare. The facilities here reflect that desire through their equipment and the technology used.
- The training of the staff – as well as many facilities holding international accreditation, many of the medical staff who work there have been internationally trained to the highest of standards.
For all these reasons and more, it is easy to see what makes Thailand’s medical facilities so great. And why so many people in many countries make the trip here for their own medical treatments each year.
The number and locations of top facilities
One reason for choosing Thailand for Medical health care in undoubtedly the incredible selection of healthcare facilities that you can find in this country. There are high-quality options all across the country whether you are in Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai or on Koh Samui.
There are 60 hospitals and other facilities across Thailand that have gained international accreditation, and that number is only likely to increase. There are no shortage of facilities that showcase Thailand’s high quality healthcare, and that also opens up another unique opportunity. You can select your ideal spot to both get the care you need, but also to relax and recover in.
In Thailand, your hospital or clinic can also be found in paradise. You can enjoy the benefits of the most advanced medicines and treatments all while taking in the perfect climate, scenery and the kind of holiday you prefer.
Examples of the best medical facilities in Thailand
There are hundreds of private hospitals and thousands of clinics to be found in the heart of Thailand, and it can feel difficult to know which one to choose. That is where ImagineHealth Thailand comes in, with accreditations to show which are ranked the highest internationally. They also offer a guarantee of quality, saving you the time and hassle of trying to identify a facility for yourself.
Bangkok is home to some of the best hospitals and facilities around, including Bumrungrad International Hospital, Bangkok General Hospital and Samitivej Hospital. Along with Phyathai Hospital, these make up some of the most popular hospitals for medical tourism in Thailand.
Beyond the larger hospitals are a huge array of both private and public facilities for you to choose from, although in general tourists will opt for private facilities only. Private hospitals are more likely to gain international accreditation and will offer you the highest standards of care, though some public facilities do also meet these standards.
Koh Samui is known for certain specialisations within its key providers. Seabreeze Cancer Retreat, for instance, is a luxury and extremely highly-recommended program. It works to rehabilitate your mind and body in the aftermath of cancer treatments. The island itself is an excellent choice for those looking for facilities catering to cancer treatments and their aftermath.
Some of the best-rated hospitals on the island include Samui International Hospital, Bangkok Hospital Koh Samui and Bandon International Hospital Koh Samui.
One of the key reasons to choose Thailand for medical purposes is its impressive array of cutting edge treatments as well as its facilities. Phuket offers the newest and most established treatments that work to turn back the clock and improve your longevity. As well as the usual medical procedures, you can visit Phuket to work on your health and youth in a stunning location.
If you are considering heading to Phuket in Thailand, you may wish to visit Bangkok Hospital Phuket, Siriroj Hospital Phuket or the Kamala International Clinic.
So, why choose Thailand’s high-quality healthcare facilities?
So what are the best reasons for choosing Thailand for medical healthcare? The facilities have to play a huge part in your decision. Between the high levels of quality, the security and trust you feel from knowing that they are internationally accredited, and the choice of locations and facilities, you are sure to find the perfect place for you. Thailand offers premium healthcare in world-class facilities with highly trained and specialised staff, and all for much less than you would pay in many other countries. There is little wonder that medical tourism in Thailand is on the rise. If you are looking for the perfect provider to see to all of your healthcare needs, check out some of the incredible options across Thailand now, and contact ImagineHealth Thailand.